Washed & Trimmed Romaine
Check out our very own VP of Foodservice Business Development, Ernst van Eeghen, talk about this product at the 2022 IFPA Foodservice Conference in the video on the right >
#IFPAFoodservice #WashedAndTrimmed #Romaine
What are the benefits?
PRE-WASHED = REDUCED LABOR
Labor is sporadic & expensive!
FREIGHT EFFICIENCY = LOWER FREIGHT COST
960 usable lbs per pallet vs. only 857 for 24ct Romaine
FIXED WEIGHT = 100% YIELD & NO SHRINK
Control your plate cost!
WASHED, DRIED & INSPECTED = IMPROVED QUALITY
Inspected & sorted for defects at the field & plant level
SMALLER, COMPACT CARTON
Easier handling & storage
FOOD SAFETY STANDARDS
Lower probability of cross contamination
Do you know what you're paying for?
This product guarantees:
- Washed & Ready to eat
- Superior quality through multiple inspection points at field and facility level to remove defects
- MAP to improve quality & shelf life
- Easy handling
- Reduced exposure to cross contamination in prepping & handling process
- Great product versatility (chop, shred, salads, sandwiches, burgers, tacos, wraps, etc.)
- More price stability to better control plate cost
- All product preharvest tested
- All product passed through highly certified/regulated processing facility
- Packaging optimized to mitigate discoloration of cut/broken areas
- Buying 100% usable weight, not count to stabilize food cost
- Reduced carbon footprint through supply chain
- Cube efficiency in walk ins and zero product waste
- Versatility for product to be custom cut, hand torn or used in whole leaves