Posted on April 3, 2023
Department: Facility Maintenance
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Location: Salinas, CA
General Purpose of The Job: Facilities Lead is responsible for the maintenance, repair and replacement of all plant equipment, systems, and facilities, including but not limited to refrigeration, electrical, pneumatic, packaging equipment. During the offseason, they will oversee a small crew of employees that will revitalize the facility both ascetically and mechanically.
- Proficient in equipment Lock-Out/Tag-Out requirements
- Working knowledge of OSHA, FDA, GMP, HAACP requirements and other government regulations as they pertain to maintenance activities at a food processing facility
- Ability to weld Stainless Steel or have it welded with quality to be acceptable for food grade applications
- Must be proficient in liquid pumping principles and able to read pump flow curves
- Rebuild liquid feed pumps such as centrifugal and positive displacement pumps
- Install and setup equipment (drives, flow sensors etc.) using vendors’ manuals and specifications
- Proficient in the operating principles of hydraulic systems and able to troubleshoot and repair their mechanical components
- Mechanical drive fundamentals, i.e. chain drive sprocket and gearbox ratios etc.
- Able to read piping diagrams and identify the function of various components for air and water distribution systems
- Proficient in Sodium Hypochlorite(Chlorine) and PH buffer (Smart Wash) Injection systems
- Proficient in Backup Emergency Generator and Electrical Distribution System
- Replace automated equipment mechanical components
- Rebuild gearboxes, power drives, centrifugal pumps and replace mechanical shaft seals
- Proficient in the use of standard hand tools such as wrenches, hammers, bearing pullers and power tools such as drills, grinders, cut-off saws, impact wrenches
- Respond to trouble calls and emergency conditions as requested
- Read electrical diagrams and identify individual components
- Working knowledge of electrical testing equipment such as multimeter, megger, etc.
- Troubleshoot systems up to 480 volts with complicated electrical controls and wire three phase motors
- Knowledgeable with low voltage control circuits such as in our automated equipment
- Understand components of a PLC system upload and download programs at a minimum
- Run electrical conduit and be knowledgeable of code requirements
- Proficient in bulk Nitrogen systems
- Proficient in Magnetic Flow Meters and Compressed Air System
- Operate and repair ammonia system components and electrical controls
- Hire contractors
- Service on dock doors, dock levelers and truck restraints
- Maintenance Racking system
- Service and repairs on ammonia system components
Education and/or Experience:
- Required: 5 years or more experience in a maintenance supervisory position within a produce processing
plant or related manufacturer.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Team player who will exceed assigned responsibilities and assist others to reach objectives
- Willingness and ability to work occasional long and sometimes irregular hours including working night
shifts, weekends and holiday hours.
- RETA Certification or ability to get a RETA Certification
- Able to travel to and from San Juan Bautista, CA, San Luis, MX and other locations as required.
- Pass the Forklift Certification within one month of hire.
- Able to read/write in English and communicate in Spanish.
- Be able to follow a budget and time line.
- Will be purchasing and ordering supplies
- Working with contractors.