Washed & Trimmed Romaine
A 2 x 5lb carton of Washed & Trimmed Romaine has washed, whole heads with the butt ends removed. The heads are place packed by hand, keeping the entire head intact. This product reduces labor costs & gives you consistent quality and weight with 100% yield.
What are the benefits?
PRE-WASHED = REDUCED LABOR
Labor is sporadic & expensive!
FREIGHT EFFICIENCY = LOWER FREIGHT COST
960 usable lbs per pallet vs. only 857 for 24ct Romaine
FIXED WEIGHT = 100% YIELD & NO SHRINK
Control your plate cost!
WASHED, DRIED & INSPECTED = IMPROVED QUALITY
Inspected & sorted for defects at the field & plant level
SMALLER, COMPACT CARTON
Easier handling & storage
FOOD SAFETY STANDARDS
Lower probability of cross contamination
Do you know what you're paying for?
This product guarantees:
- Washed & Ready to eat
- Superior quality through multiple inspection points at field and facility level to remove defects
- MAP to improve quality & shelf life
- Easy handling
- Reduced exposure to cross contamination in prepping & handling process
- Great product versatility (chop, shred, salads, sandwiches, burgers, tacos, wraps, etc.)
- More price stability to better control plate cost
- All product preharvest tested
- All product passed through highly certified/regulated processing facility
- Packaging optimized to mitigate discoloration of cut/broken areas
- Buying 100% usable weight, not count to stabilize food cost
- Reduced carbon footprint through supply chain
- Cube efficiency in walk ins and zero product waste
- Versatility for product to be custom cut, hand torn or used in whole leaves