Quality Assurance Technician (Day)
Posted on September 19, 2023
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Quality Assurance Director
Location: San Juan Bautista, CA & Yuma, AZ
Starting Rate: $17.25
SUMMARY: Responsible for daily QA related plant operations including inspecting fresh produce fields and in plant QA testing methods, chemical handling, food safety, GMP's, HACCP.
- Responsible for daily sample request; pulling samples, packing, shipping and communicating to sales.
- Assist & support product development projects and technical support.
- Responsible for Data entry, spreadsheet and analysis.
- Daily plant pre operational sanitation checks.
- Responsible for calibration of thermometers, scales, pH, and colorimeters.
- Hourly checks for HACCP records, room temperature records and foreign material logs.
- Responsible for raw and final product evaluations as required.
- High School or Post Harvest related field or minimum of 2 years' experience in the agriculture
- Seasonal Travel/Relocation between operating Facilities (preferred).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- ERP such as Famous software knowledge a plus
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Team player who will exceed assigned responsibilities and assist others to reach objectives
- Native intellectual curiosity and mental stamina
- Strong oral and written communication skills to deliver technical information in an easily understood manner across all departments
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to a cold (34-36 degrees F) and wet manufacturing environment, the smell of chlorine, outside weather conditions, uneven walking surfaces, heavy machinery, forklift traffic and loud noise.
ANALYSIS OF THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Key (based on typical week):
N = Never
R = Rarely (led than 1 hour per week)
O = Occasional (1% - 33% of time)
F = Frequent (34% - 66% of time)
C = Constant (over 66% of time)
Please send your resume to: email@example.com