Position: R&D Intern
Department: Research & Development
Reports to: Research and Development Manager
Location: San Juan Bautista, CA
Availability: Full time during the summer months. Intern can also work part time from April to June (schedule to be determined based on intern’s class schedule).
Summary: The R&D Intern will be integrated in a recently created R&D team assisting different tasks related to the development of new products and processes of fresh-cut vegetables. This is a great opportunity to learn for students seeking a career in R&D and scientific/technical aspects of product development, from seed selection to final customer.
Work schedule, travel and housing requirements:
• Hours: 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. Flexibility with work schedule a must.
• Requires local area travel, personal use of vehicle; must have a valid driver’s license and be insured. Work-related mileage will be reimbursed;
• Internship requires occasional travel to Salinas Valley to assist field trials.
• Must seek own housing.
Desired skills, abilities and requirements:
• Candidates must be pursuing a bachelor degree in Agriculture/Horticulture, Food Science, Biology or related field.
• Candidates must possess interest in science; have a curious mind and good attention to details.
• Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point skills
• Ability to work with peers and other functional groups as a team
• Confident verbal and written communication skills
Tasks & Projects
• R&D team provides cross-functional support to different departments of the organization, providing scientific and technical leadership for the development of new/existing product and processes. The intern will support different projects in the following areas:
• Pre-harvest/Post-harvest: Evaluation of new varieties, evaluation of harvest techniques, postharvest handling practices, shelf-life potential, etc.
• Process improvements: validation of processing lines, fresh-cut machinery, etc.
• Product development: Packaging design and optimization.
• Support laboratory daily activities: routine evaluations, data entry, maintenance, etc.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned.
• email@example.com (Subject: R&D Intern – Internship Program)
Sales & Main Office
19065 Portola Drive
1275 San Justo Road
2955 S Avenue 2½ E
6.30am - Midnight