Company funds scholarship program with $100,000
Salinas, CALIF (April 8, 2016) – Church Brothers Farms, a leading grower/processor/shipper created a scholarship program for eligible students who wish to obtain undergraduate/postgraduate college education, attend a certificate course, or seek trade skill development.
The new Church Brothers-True Leaf Farms Scholarship was created to benefit the immediate family members of company employees, said Steve Church, CEO. The purpose is to promote learning and enhance the quality of life for company employees and their children.
To qualify, the employee must:
• Have been employed by Church Brothers Farms or True Leaf Farms for at least one year;
• Be actively employed at the time the scholarship is distributed; and
• Be in good standing (i.e. not have been subject to significant disciplinary action within the prior 12 months).
To qualify, the applicant must:
• Be a dependent child, as defined by the IRS, of a qualified employee;
• Have applied for admission to an undergraduate/postgraduate college program, certification course, or trade skill program; and
• Have a high school GPA of 2.0 or higher.
The scholarship funds may be used for tuition and cost of attendance at an institute of higher education or a vocational or certificate program. Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
• Financial need
• Good character
• Potential to succeed in the student’s chosen course of study.
The Church Brothers-True Leaf Farms Scholarship will award up to $2,500 per year, renewable for up to a total of four years. In order to renew the scholarship students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and maintain full-time enrollment toward a degree or certificate. The deadline for application is May 15, with decisions announced June 15, 2016.
Visit the WEB PAGE www.cfmco.org/churchbrothers-trueleaf to download the application.
Scholarship applications and supporting documents may be sent to:
Community Foundation for Monterey County/Attn: Josh Warburg
2354 Garden Road, Monterey, CA 93940
For more information about the company visit ChurchBrothers.com
About Church Brothers Farms
Church Brothers Farms is a vertically integrated, family owned and operated company that produces more than 500 fresh vegetable SKUs year round. With a state of the art processing plant and an in-house farming/harvest program, we are a reliable source of product with industry leading food safety and quality standards. Tom and Steve Church Brothers have a legacy of service and innovation.
Posted on 04/08/2016 at 12:00:00 AM
Sales & Main Office
19065 Portola Drive
1275 San Justo Road
2955 S Avenue 2½ E
6.30am - Midnight